Monday, May 11, 2009

Noah's Road

I spend a good amount of time visiting blogs written by parents of hospitalized, ill, or special needs children. It's a privilege to pray for families I may never meet and it's certainly opened my eyes and heart to the non-unique struggle that so many of us share.

I'm often saddened to read accounts of suffering and dismal diagnoses but rarely am I shocked with grief.

Tonight, I can only weep and groan my prayer.

Noah is a beautiful little boy. He was born in November and was thriving as a happy and healthy baby. On April 20th he was violently shaken by a daycare provider resulting in traumatic brain injury.

It took me several long minutes to even type that sentence.

I just can't wrap my head around it. Or my heart. Don't want to.

I sit here tonight, listening to JB's breathing and watching him in his crib through the video monitor on my desk. I've watched my husband go in a couple times to take his blood pressure, give medicaion, count his breathing. I've tried to imagine how it would feel to know that JB's health issues were caused by another person. I can't.

But what I can do is pray. Will you join me? Please visit Noah's page here and offer your prayers for him and for his family. I will be praying for a mighty miracle of God...for Noah and the person that did this to him.
Thanks so much.

No comments: